Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship By Investment Programme
In close proximity to the United States, Antigua and Barbuda is a tropical Caribbean island that is easily accessible from across the world. Residing on the island carries numerous benefits such as the fantastic sunny weather, natural beaches as well as crystalline blue waters and stunning coral reefs. Sixty percent of the island’s income is derived from tourism and its population is slightly less than 90,000 people. Furthermore, Caucasians, Black people as well as a number of other ethnicities, mainly populate Antigua and Barbuda. The main language that is used on the island is English as well as a variety of dialects originating from English. The island’s currency is the East Caribbean Dollar ($1.00 = 2.70 EC$).
Antigua and Barbuda also grant economic citizenship, which offers those interested diverse benefits regarding business expansion as well as tax relief.
- Applicants are not required to reject their present citizenship(s).
- Those who are granted citizenship/ residency are not subject to capital gains tax, worldwide income tax, wealth tax, inheritance tax, gifts tax and dividends tax.
- The applicants’ home authorities are not informed of the new citizenship.
- The applicant is required to reside on the island for five days over a five-year period. Applicants are able to fulfill the requirement at once or at different periods.
- Applicants are called to invest after the approval of their application and not before.
- The specific program is granted by law and has been implemented by the government since 2013.
- The applicant is able to keep a dual citizenship if he/she chooses to.
- The applicant can travel to more than 125 countries across the world without needing a visa.
- Antigua and Barbuda tax regime rates are low.
- Antigua and Barbuda does not impose restrictions concerning imported capital as well as repatriation profits.
- Applicants may reside within a socially, legally and economically stable jurisdiction.
- Antigua and Barbuda belongs to the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Antigua and Barbuda’s political system is founded on the British parliamentary system.
- The tropical paradise of Antigua and Barbuda attracts individuals due to the weather, lifestyle and retirement options.